tirsdag 6. oktober 2009

BLOOD DIAMOND

I've seen this film before, and I have to say it tears me up every time I watch it. It's such a powerful movie, and it really gets you thinking about how great your own life is compared to others. Not just being a heartbreaking story, it is also a beautiful one. It shows how strong the bounds between people are and how much we appreciate each other. The story takes place in South -Africa, Sierra Leone in the 1990's during the civil war. When Solomon gets separated away from his family we can feel his pain, and how eager he is to find them. By finding this rare pink diamond during his stay in the diamond mines Archer offers him to exchange and help him find his missing family. This becomes an adventure where you get even more emotional attached to the main characters. The scene where they find the diamond and Solomon's son points at them with a gun really touches me. How much love we get to see in this scene is just overwhelming. After watching it the first time with my friends we all agreed that we would never buy a diamond for our selves. The movie made such a big impact on all of us. We got to see how people struggle everyday and that we can't just watch this happen to people who are worth as much as everybody else. Maybe our little pact won't do much of a difference, but it show that we care and we will not support how things are done over there. I would highly recommend this movie for everybody I know. Blood diamond is definitely one of my favorite movies!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar